Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program for CDL Drivers
If you employ a CDL driver who operates a commercial motor vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds, transports 16 or more passengers including the driver, or transports hazardous materials, the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires you to establish a drug and alcohol testing program for your drivers. To enroll, click here.
DOT requires your program to:
- have an established drug and alcohol testing policy in place for drivers
- provide drug training for drivers and supervisors
- provide alcohol training for supervisors
- test drivers for:
b. Reasonable Cause
c. Random (50% of drivers must be tested for Drugs, 10% for Alcohol)
NRLA can keep your company compliant!
Our program provides:
- A pre-approved policy that your company can adopt as its own. Our policy was written by attorneys with Jackson Lewis LLP, www.jacksonlewis.com.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) approved testing facilities through Quest Diagnostics, Inc.www.questdiagnostics.com.
- Pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable cause testing are all available.
- Recordkeeping assistance.
- Notification of important law changes to help keep your company compliant.
- Substance abuse training materials for both drivers and supervisors.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH DOT RULES CAN LEAD TO FINES OF $2,500 TO $10,000!
The annual fee per CDL driver covers all random tests conducted during the year. The price structure is outlined below:
- Drivers enrolled in random testing program = $50 each (annual fee per driver). 15+ drivers enrolled = $40 (annual fee per driver)
- If you join during 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter, the rates are as follows
First quarter – January – March
1-14 drivers - $50 15+ drivers - $40
Second quarter – April – June
1-14 drivers - $37.50 15+ drivers - $30
Third quarter – July – September
1-14 drivers - $25 15+ drivers - $20
Fourth quarter - October – December
1-14 drivers - $12.50 15+ drivers - $10
- Pre-employment using quest patient service center = $70
- Reasonable suspicion, follow-up, and post accident using quest patient service center = $50
- One-time administrative fee for entire program = $25
For more information on NRLA's Drug Testing program, please call NRLA's Drug Testing Administrators at 800.292.6752 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.