Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program for CDL Drivers
If you employ a CDL driver who operates a commercial motor vehicle with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating of 26,001 or more pounds, transports 16 or more passengers including the driver, or transports hazardous materials, the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires you to establish a drug and alcohol testing program for your drivers. For program brochure and to enroll, click here.
DOT requires your program to:
- have an established drug and alcohol testing policy in place for drivers
- provide drug training for drivers and supervisors
- provide alcohol training for supervisors
- test drivers for:
b. Reasonable Cause
c. Random (50% of drivers must be tested for Drugs, 10% for Alcohol)
NRLA can keep your company compliant!
Our program provides:
- A pre-approved policy that your company can adopt as its own. Our policy was written by attorneys with Jackson Lewis LLP, www.jacksonlewis.com.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) approved testing facilities through Quest Diagnostics, Inc.www.questdiagnostics.com.
- Pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable cause testing are all available.
- Recordkeeping assistance.
- Notification of important law changes to help keep your company compliant.
- Substance abuse training materials for both drivers and supervisors.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH DOT RULES CAN LEAD TO FINES OF $2,500 TO $10,000!
The annual fee per CDL driver covers all random tests conducted during the year. The price structure is outlined below:
- Drivers enrolled in random testing program = $47 each (annual fee per driver). 15+ drivers enrolled = $37 (annual fee per driver)
- If you join during 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter, the rates are as follows
First quarter – January – March
1-14 drivers - $47.00 15+ drivers - $37.00
Second quarter – April – June
1-14 drivers - $35.25 15+ drivers - $27.75
Third quarter – July – September
1-14 drivers - $23.50 15+ drivers - $18.50
Fourth quarter - October – December
1-14 drivers - $11.75 15+ drivers - $9.25
- Pre-employment, probable cause using quest patient service center = $65 (If you use a third party collection site charge, you will be charged the $65 plus an extra cost of $20 to $30)
- One-time administrative fee for entire program = $25
For more information on NRLA's Drug Testing program, please call NRLA's Drug Testing Administrators at 800.292.6752 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.