You can find the 2019 Scholarship Application here.
Application must be postmarked no later than June 21, 2019.
Congratulations to the following 2019 Scholarship Recipients:
Katie Bragen, Woodhaven Lumber, Georgian Court University
Megan Catherine Cartier, Conover Beyer Associates, Stockton University
Dillon Connoly, Builders General, University of South Carolina
Shannon DeVuyst, Kuiken Brothers, University of Vermont
Jennifer Eannucci, Mid-State Lumber, Rider University
Timothy Jones, Universal Supply Company, Montclair State University
Nicholas Kohler, Jaeger Lumber, Juniata College
Caitlynn McTernan, Jaeger Lumber & Supply, Lafayette College
Zach Noble, Universal Supply, Michigan Technology University
Holley Petrie, E.W. McClave, Inc., Montclair State University
To award $1,000 merit scholarships for post-secondary education to the families of dedicated employees of NJBMDA members and participating associate members.
- Must be an employee, or family member (child, step-child, grandchild, adopted child or spouse) of an employee, who works for a company that is a retail member or associate member in good standing of NJBMDA. Associate members must be headquartered in NJ.
- Must have maintained a minimum of 2.5 equivalent GPA in high school or college in the past year.
- Must be enrolling in or currently attending a post-secondary college or technical school as a full-time student.
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will review all applications.
- The top applicants may be subject to a personal interview with the committee (either in person or by telephone).
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will select final awardees.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by July 1.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Prepare an essay of two typed pages (maximum) or neatly hand-written pages that specifically indicate your professional and scholastic ambitions. Include your academic and professional accomplishments and awards, financial need, and any other information you feel would assist the scholarship committee in evaluating your application.
- Enclose a copy of your scholastic record (transcript).
- Enclose one letter of recommendation from a personal or professional associate or teacher.