To award $1,000 merit scholarships for post-secondary education to the families of dedicated employees of NJBMDA members and participating associate members.
- Must be an employee, or family member (child, step-child, grandchild, adopted child or spouse) of an employee, who works for a company that is a retail member or associate member in good standing of NJBMDA. Associate members must be headquartered in NJ.
- Must have maintained a minimum of 2.5 equivalent GPA in high school or college in the past year.
- Must be enrolling in or currently attending a post-secondary college or technical school as a full-time student.
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will review all applications.
- The top applicants may be subject to a personal interview with the committee (either in person or by telephone).
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will select final awardees.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by July 1.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Prepare an essay of two typed pages (maximum) or neatly hand-written pages that specifically indicate your professional and scholastic ambitions. Include your academic and professional accomplishments and awards, financial need, and any other information you feel would assist the scholarship committee in evaluating your application.
- Enclose a copy of your scholastic record (transcript).
- Enclose one letter of recommendation from a personal or professional associate or teacher.
Congratulations to the following 2020 Scholarship Recipients:
Thomas Anciewicz, Sponsored by Builders General
Richard Chen, Sponsored by Jaeger Lumber
Anna Cooper, Sponsored by BWI-Masonite
Victoria Meono, Sponsored by HJ Opdyke Lumber Co.
Jozlyn Minnema, Sponsored by Reeb Millwork Corp.
Jared Pershyn, Sponsored by HJ Opdyke Lumber Co.
Holly Petrie, Sponsored by EW McClave Inc.
Kathleen Spadaro, Sponsored by Universal Supply Co.
Paige Strangeway, Sponsored by Kuiken Brothers
Danielle Sullivan, Sponsored by Masonite