You can find the 2019 Scholarship Application here.
Application must be postmarked no later than June 21, 2019.
Congratulations to the following 2018 Scholarship Recipients:
Osairys Billini, William Paterson University, Kuiken Brothers
Ashlynn Black, Lock Haven University, Blue Ridge Lumber
Richard Chen, Raritan Valley Community College, Jaeger Lumber
Shannon DeVuyst, University of Vermont, Kuiken Brothers
Kimberly DiGerolamo, Villanova University, Universal Supply
Amanda Fragoso, Kean University, Huston Lumber
Annaliese Gilbert, Lock Haven University, Woodhaven Lumber
Danielle Konopka, Purdue University Global, Universal Supply
Emilie Luttman, Montclair State University, Conover Beyer Associates
Amber Oraschin, McCann School of Business & Technology, Huston Lumber
Jared Pershyn, Monmouth University, H.J. Opdyke Lumber Co., Inc.
Rebecca Rivello, Atlantic Cape Community College, Tri County Building Supply
Clayton Steyling, Sussex County Community College, Kuiken Brothers
To award $1,000 merit scholarships for post-secondary education to the families of dedicated employees of NJBMDA members and participating associate members.
- Must be an employee, or family member (child, step-child, grandchild, adopted child or spouse) of an employee, who works for a company that is a retail member or associate member in good standing of NJBMDA. Associate members must be headquartered in NJ.
- Must have maintained a minimum of 2.5 equivalent GPA in high school or college in the past year.
- Must be enrolling in or currently attending a post-secondary college or technical school as a full-time student.
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will review all applications.
- The top applicants may be subject to a personal interview with the committee (either in person or by telephone).
- The NJBMDA Scholarship Committee will select final awardees.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by July 1.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Prepare an essay of two typed pages (maximum) or neatly hand-written pages that specifically indicate your professional and scholastic ambitions. Include your academic and professional accomplishments and awards, financial need, and any other information you feel would assist the scholarship committee in evaluating your application.
- Enclose a copy of your scholastic record (transcript).
- Enclose one letter of recommendation from a personal or professional associate or teacher.